Pages

Tuesday 16 December 2014

The Letter This Woman Wrote to Her Ex-Husband's New Wife Will Make You Ugly Cry ["To my daughter's stepmom..."]

/
"I never wanted you here," Candice Curry, 39, writes on her blog, Women With Worth. "You simply were never part of the plan." The letter to her ex-husband's new wife, the new stepmom to her 14-year-old daughter, starts off like many women dealing with split families and second marriages feel. "I can almost bet that when you dreamed of becoming a mother it would be the day you gave birth and not the day you married your husband," she writes.  "I'm pretty sure you never planned on me being here."

/

Curry admits she secretly hoped her daughter's new stepmom would be unattractive, unfriendly, and wouldn't bond with her daughter. But when she met 29-year-old Ashley Parish, she writes, "my plans were foiled."
/
Curry's daughter and her stepmom, Ashley Parish.

"You've accepted our daughter from the very start and have unconditionally loved both  her and her daddy, that's a true gift to all of us.  You've included our daughter in everything you do and make her feel loved and accepted. You put her relationship with her daddy above yours and only a brave and courageous woman knows how to do that with such grace.
You've respected my position as mom from the very start. I appreciate that you always check with me when you question if you are making the right decision with her. I know our situation is rare. It's not often that a mom and stepmom text each other to remind each other that they love and respect each other. You are a gift.
Because of you and your courage to mother our daughter the way that you do, she will be a better woman. She will grow up with more love than I could have ever imagined. It wasn't her choice to have divorced parents and even though I wouldn't wish that on any child I am so thankful that she now has 4 parents who love and respect her and each other. She's compassionate because of it and understands that a failure in one area can turn into a blessing in another."
She ends the letter: "Precious woman, you are a rare and beautiful gem."

No comments:

Post a Comment