Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Man That Can't Be Moved

It is easy to worship God when things are going great in your life - when He has provided food, friends, family, health, and happy situations. But what do you do when God seems a million miles away? How do you worship God then?


One of the deepest levels of worship is praising God in spite of pain, thanking God through trials, trusting Him when tempted, surrendering while suffering, and loving Him when He 'seems' distant.


As I walk to work each morning I take the exact same route, it's 'routine', you could say just like your daily quiet time or morning prayer, something you do everyday, right? .. On my way I pass the same man wearing a high-viz jacket standing between roadworks and pedestrians, he's there making sure the big cement rollers don't run over the small busy-body people on their journey to work, he stands in the same spot, morning, noon and night, wind, rain, sunshine, sleet, snow and even HAIL! (Yes living in England you can really experience each of these weather conditions in the short space of 3months).

One morning, coincidently a morning I failed to converse with my heavenly Father, I left my house exceptionally early, I was in a huff and a puff, upset, angry and frustrated with current affairs.. I began my journey to work, this time however a slight change in routine, I got to the other side of the road, and the man I see twice daily without fail was no where to be found! Was he sick? Had he left his job? Where was he? I wanted to know where he was!

I got to the other side of the pathway, and I laughed, because I knew God was revealing something to me...

David probably had one of the closest friendships with God. God took pleasure in calling him "a man after my own heart."(1 Samuel 13:14). Yet David frequently complained of God's apparent absence:

"Lord, why are you standing aloof and far away? Why do you hide when I need you the most?" (Psalm 10:1 LB)

"Why have you forsaken me? Why do you remain so distant? Why do you ignore my cries for help?" (Psalm 22:1 NLT)

"Why have you abandoned me?" (Psalm 43:2 TEV)

Of course, God had never left David, and that morning what I failed to realise was that Mr HighViz never left me, it was I who had taken it upon myself to do what I wanted, change the rules and cross that road for myself, on my terms, because of how I felt!! That morning I refused to trust in God, in that I didn't put my current situation in His hands, rather than pray I left my house in a foul mood, I didnt 'feel' like seeing what God had to say, I didnt 'feel' like talking to Him. I walked a different route, changed the routine and did things MY way.

The next day, as I turned the corner Mr HighViz was standing in his spot, I smiled from ear to ear, as I walked past I said,"morning, I didn't see you yesterday" and through him God spoke, he replied, 'but I saw you'.. wow, my heart skipped a beat.

God has promised repeatedly, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:8) so the next time you're feeling 'some way' or distant from God, take a guess at who's moved!!

If you dont have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ but feel that still quiet voice knocking at your heart, take a step of faith and open up, click here to find out more about Him 

via - jemxiievaleray.

No comments:

Post a Comment